I’d swap ’em all to be
(1963, Bob Dylan to Suze Rotolo)
some of the ecw gang went to see The Dark Knight on monday and it was sooooo good. Morgan Freeman’s best performance since Wanted, hands down. but in all seriousity, see The Batman in imax. you won’t be sorry. but you will get butterflies when the camera dives off buildings.
hi blogreaders. it’s blogwriter. i am sleeeepy and tiiiired and also more of that too. let me tell you that:
1. i went to the St Lawrence Market twice today and it always makes me 546 points better about life so i’m up 1092.
2. i could post spoilers for next week’s episode of Battlestar Galactica here on this internet but i am not going to because i hate spoilers. but i will tell you this: start watching this show (from the beginning) if you don’t already watch it. and if you don’t like it, then there is something wrong with you.
3. the cashier at the LCBO likes my purple sunglasses and totally carded me. today was one of those days where people were staring at me more than a regular amount (by that i mean, everyone stares at everyone all day long but today i got a bit more than my share) and not in a hey-baby-you-so-fine way but in a something-is-off-putting-about-you-but-i-can’t-quite-place-what. it is my HAIR i didn’t brush it after my shower, geeeez.
4. tomorrow is sarah’s baby shower and holy crud
5. i am going to have sausages for dinner and then i will watch either notes on a scandal or everything is illuminated and the TPL lent them dvds to me
6. that youtube video of the guy dancing (below this post) isn’t really awesomesauce. it’s just okaysauce.
8. i have a “so say we all” button!
i don’t often blog about my love life here at the Tribune and I’ll tell ya why: i do not have one. And I’ll tell ya why I don’t: cause for a smart girl, i can be pretty slow on the uptake. this past weekend at MoCCA, there was a seriously good candidate (this assessment was made in the minute of initial conversation chitchat). erin and i discussed his excellent qualities upon his departure and awaited his return (he was going to look around the show then come back & buy Heavy Metal Fun Time Activity Book. see? gold!). Then he returned. Once again he demonstrated that he possessed many qualities I admire.
Long time readers may recall this list:
SEVEN THINGS THAT ATTRACT YOU [i.e., me] TO THE OPPOSITE/
3) attractiveness (hard to nail down physical specifics here)
5) a personal style (whatever that may be)
6) confidence (that should be #1)
7) similar thoughts on the world & how it should be run
MoCCA Guy got gold stars on 6 of 7. The only other book he bought was about the war in Iraq and wished there was more serious, political stuff instead of so much tortured navel-gazing. This was love. Then Erin & I signed his copy of Heavy Metal (see? is this flirting? i think it might have been.) and he wished us well. then he was gone.
i had about 900 opportunities to say something (anything!) that would continue contact. and i totally dropped the ball. nay, lost the ball. so now i can only hope that he decides to google me and then emails me. i am checking my junk mail box more carefully these days. erin and i named him joel/josh and today i got an email from Joel Fox! (which is a very apropos name for him) but alas alack it was truly junk mail and not 100% tru luv mail.
the lesson: i am dim. also if you google “joel fox” you will be led here: artbots.org. finding out about a robot talent show is worth the cost of a broken heart.
Cannot stop reading these Dinosaur Comics Cool people like Rachel already know about them but Johnny-come-latelys like me are pleased to have 4 years worth of cartoons to read. Rawr!