- be more like Tami Taylor in every possible way (really, I could stop here but…)
- read 55 books — including authors I’ve never read before, more non-fiction, more books written/published by colleagues (i.e., contemporary Canadian books), and all the usual YA brilliance
- hang out with my friends’ kids more frequently (’cause these kids are ridiculously charming)
- have dance parties once a month with DDPP
- follow the 23 1/2 hour plan
- write more — on this blog, to my bestie in a far away land, in my nearly-abandoned journal (sorry, bookie), and on my various writing projects (that one means procrastinate less)
- spend less than $1,000,000 a week at Starbucks
- be more patient and understanding — but not a pushover (see season 1 Elena Gilbert, Queen of Empathy and Badassery, for role model)
- eat real food — and by that I mean the old Michael Pollan ‘if your great grandmother wouldn’t recognize it as food it ain’t food’ — and prepare it myself
- take a real holiday — no writing, working, promoting, anything-ing (my ideal vacation, because i don’t know how to surf or do yoga)
- procrastinate in useful ways (e.g., clean the kitchen rather than fall into the tumblr abyss)
- instead of complaining about problems, try to solve them — personally, professionally, politically, across the board.
i love new year’s resolutions.