Best episode of the season. Hands down. Let’s recap my favorite moments! So much great dialogue. And twists!
- No van der Woodsen thanksgiving traditions…except for mental institutions. And for B? Holiday paranoia. “Precedence is not paranoia.”
- Serena’s jacket in those opening scenes was beauteous.
- Blair to S: “What are you exactly? An 18-yr-old blonde coincidence?”
- “Threesomes, man. Don’t believe the hype.” I am in love with Nate Archibald. And I love how Dan (the supposed nice guy and good friend) doesn’t even ASK Nate who he’s having mixed-feelings issues with.
- Eleanor: “It is just me or is my daughter getting crazier and crazier?”
- Every year Blair wears the most insanely beautiful dresses at Thanksgiving. Dorota wears her Thanksgiving themed maid outfit. And Serena puts on something insane. Remember last year? Well, this year she looked way better … until you realize she’s wearing an effing catsuit. To a family meal with her boss/boyfriend and his wife.
- Blair to Jenny: Where are you dragging me? Haven’t you ever heard of a whispered aside? … By the way how do you like having a sibling? Someone whose sole purpose is to compete for your parents’ love and attention?
- Dan to Vanessa: “Cece’s heart pumps secrets and gin.”
- J: Don’t you have anything you want to say to me?
E: Your sweet potatoes are bland.
- Boo on Lily banishing Serena from her house. Srsly. Your daughter is 18 and clearly troubled.
- Contender for best line? Blair to Eleanor: “And, no offense to Cyrus, but do you think the world really needs another Aaron Rose?”
- Enough with Vanessa and the historic Brooklyn bar. But thank you GG writers for having the heart-to-heart talk between Gabriella and Vanessa off screen.
- The same-jacket-switcheroo!! Maureen’s character is so perfect. And super pretty. About time we had a half-evil redhead on Gossip Girl. Represent Gingers!
- I am kinda sad that S didn’t go to Paris with Blair. Mainly because: how much effing fun would it be to go to Paris with Blair Waldorf??
- Ouch. Serena to Lily: “You don’t get to judge me. Ever again.” What is her secret? How many major secrets can one UES lady have in her lifetime??
- Chace Crawford has never looked cuter than when he asked Serena to stay with him. I am in love with Nate Archibald.
- My favorite music moment on Gossip Girl in a long time. The end montage song: “The Only Exception” by Paramore.
We were having some chatter on twitter about who lives where (and why some people have motorcycles in their home??) Here’s where I think our GGers are: Dan at the Humphrey Loft; Lily, Rufus, Jenny (in S’s old room), and Eric at the VDW; Serena at Chuck’s hotel; Chuck and Nate in the penthouse at the Empire; Blair and Vanessa at the NYU dorms. No one in the Waldorf penthouse . . . for now. If I was B, I’d be headed back there stat.
What did y’all think? Are you as in love with Nate as I am? The preview for next week looked kind of insane. And maybe not in a good way. Will post when it’s up. Until then, you know I love you.