Best of episode of season 3 so far! Our first ever Halloween on Gossip Girl, zero Vanessa moments (no offense, V, but your omnipresence was upsetting the delicate GG character balance), new fights between characters, more Dorota gloriousness, the return of plotline with Jenny AND Eric van der Woodsen.
The outfits at the Prohibition themed club opening (Gimlet? Really?) were beyond spectacular. Even though I’d seen the on-set photos and the CW promo pics already, Leighton, Blake and Hilary Duff looked absolutely stunning. And Eric? Comedy genius.
I’m just going to assume that Chuck never told Blair about the time that Jack Bass tried to rape Lily at the opera house. (Because calling Jack Bass for a favor if you know that? Beyond uncool.) And I *wish* they had cast a more broodingly handsome actor for the Patrick Roberts (Pats-R?) movie star character. Particularly if he’ll be making repeat appearances as S’s faux boyfriend, whilst Carter is absent (due to oil riggery).
My favorite moments: some hilarious, some heartbreakers
- Dan and Nate watching the Endless Knights movies together. These little moments when Nate is hilarious? I live for them. Remember when he said “asshat” in the school play last year? Sigh.
- “Shoulder pads can be overwhelming on my delicate frame.” — Blair, reconsidering an ’80s themed club opening
- Poor Mark Hamill. “Is that the guy from Star Wars who isn’t Harrison Ford?”
- Eric: “Rufus asked for my size this morning. Does that mean I’m getting a flannel?”
- Not you did not, Queen J. Dumping yogurt on Eric’s head AND egging Jonathan? Getting rid of your sewing machine and J. Humphrey Designs originals?? It is like she tore her soul out and set it on fire in an alleyway garbage can.
- Chuck not calling his situation with Blair a fight but an “ongoing detached distrust.”
- Rufus in the Ramones costume. That wig. Good lordy.
- Nate to Serena: “At least I’m on the list and not working the door.” Zing!
- Why was Jenny wearing the oversized white tee with her “uniform”? What was with Lily’s comment about her old clothes not fitting her anymore? Is Jenny being a total confused bitchface because she ain’t eating?
- Two words: Dorota. Chess.
Despite Jenny’s totally evil behavior this episode, Blair was the one who was driving me mentalicimus. I need her to forget NYU, stop manipulating Chuck (in a lame way), and start ruling some domain worth her attention. (Say politics?) The battle with Serena that’s brewing (and previewed for next week) is vair promising.
What did y’all think? Trick or treat?