Like most other people in the universe, I have fallen in love with Glee. My wise, wise friend Sarah D said I shouldn’t blog about EVERY show I love; some shows should just be for my blog-free enjoyment. So I’m not doing to do recap/reaction posts for it, but I do need to give some love on occasion to the show that makes me so very very gleeful.
my top 10 Glee moments
10. Kristen Chenowith and Lea Michele singing “Maybe This Time” together (“The Rhodes Not Taken”)
9. “I’ve got a phoner. That’s an interview. I think I’m going to take it on my iPhone.” — Sue Sylvester (“Pilot”)
8. “Remember: if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry.” — Quinn to the Celibacy Club (“Showmance”)
7. “Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy.” — drunk Kurt to Emma (“The Rhodes Not Taken”)
6. Finn thinking of the time he ran over the mailman every time he gets an erection.
5.”‘Who is Josh Groban?!’ Kill yourself!” — Sandy (“Acafellas”)
4. The Glee Club Boys doing their drugged-up mash-up of Bon Jovi & Usher (“Vitamin D”)
3. The Acafellas singing “I Wanna Sex You Up” (“Acafellas”)
2. Anytime Mercedes/Amber Riley gets a solo.
1. Every “Single Ladies” moment: Kurt and the girls practicing in the basement, his little dance before kicking, and the football team’s performance on the field. (“Preggers”)
This week’s “Sound Bites” — EW.com’s Annie Barrett does a wrap-up of the week’s best lines — had a shout-out to yours truly (along with other like-minded Twitterers) for suggesting Sue Sylvester’s opinion on having kids (“Don’t have the time. Don’t have the uterus.”) as the best line from “Vitamin D”! (Does that mean I can say Entertainment Weekly knows I exist? Kinda? Sorta? K, fanks.)
Also on the Glee/Twitter tip: follow the Glee cast — Lea Michele (Rachel); Amber Riley (Mercedes); Cory Monteith (Finn); Chris Colfer (Kurt); Dianna Agron (Quinn Fabray); Kevin McHale (Artie); Jenna Ushkowitz (Tina); and Mark Salling (Puck) (That excellent photo of the cast was taken by Dianna Agron, taken from her Tumblr.)