Rufus was the grumpiest we have EVER seen him, nary a homecooked meal for the children, but five minutes alone with Lily softens him. Aw. And now they are on their journey of Dickensian (thank you, Meester Chuck) proportions.
We learned that hash is a softer high, that Dan is not above internet stalking Serena, that Serena prefers MySpace to Facebook, and that Jenny understands that S is 9 levels hotter than her brother. We also learned that Chuck’s uncle Jack? Kinda hott. And kinda a bad ass.
When Dan and Serena decide to be Dan-and-Serena and they kiss, did you notice how freakily pale and creepy Dan’s hand was? The hand that went to clutch S’s head. Shudder. It was a bit Edward Cullen minus the sexy vampire part. Let’s have a minute to rejoice the Aaron Rose arc coming to an end. I fear we may see him again one day since he’s B’s step-brother, but hopefully only in an awkward moment at graduation or something.
And speaking of old characters making their return, Ms Georgina “Sold My Show Pony for Cocaine” Sparks is set to make a return to the Upper East Side sometime near the end of this season. I was hoping she would be the Rufly love child, but now that child is a boy. Hmm. Maybe Georgie is also secretly a boy? That way Dan would have fooled around with his half-sibling and a dude. An excellent idea! I should totally write scripts for GG.
- Where were Nate and Vanessa this ep? Making out and being morally superior? You’d think Nate would take some interest in Chuck’s downward spiral. Or at least show up for the party at Victrola.
- Will Dan be able to keep the secret of their half-sib from Serena?
- What the eff was Blair talking about to Uncle Jack — Chuck can’t know about New Year’s Eve? WTF, B?
- How will the subplots be filled if the girls aren’t going to torture each other anymore? (I’ve heard rumors of plotlines that have to do with actual school stuff — like classes and extracurriculars. Wha?)
- Will Derota go to university with Miss Blair? The show cannot survive without her.
Oh and in backstory-fill-in news, the CW Gossip Girl blog had a lame post about how Eric spent Christmas in Montreal (woot!) with his boyfriend Jonathan. So in the previous ep, Lily wasn’t going to ditch her son for the holidays to be with Rufus. Eric had plans. Apparently.
And another week to wait… let’s watch that “Dear Gossip Girl” video again and again til then.
**update: promo for next week which i have not yet even watched because i am at work.