Dare I say it? Season two of Gossip Girl is just as good, if not BETTER, than season one.
Right from the opening, this episode is glorious. I always love breakfast at the Humphrey loft and a Nate/Jenny run-in at the bathroom makes it so much better. Make-over week on Gossip Girl totally worked for Little J. Her dress is insanely perfect, as is her hair. “Shorter, blonder, I got bored.” Ya, right. You casually invented a coherently awesome grown-up look for yourself.
- Blair to Serena, re: Dan: “You hear the judgment in his voice?” Yes. Yes, we do.
- Dan’s excellent plan for B to win Chuck: “Drive him crazy and wear him down. You should be good at that.”
- Chuck to Blair, on her new perfume: “Smells a little like desperation” and then he leaves, “I’m bored. You ruined my pants.”
- Blair to Dan: “I can skip dinner because I am so full of humiliation.” Zong. I hate that full of humiliation feeling.
- More Chuck puns! with B’s Chuck was out of there “like a Bass out of hell.”
- Points to Gossip Girl: “You can’t take a note to the principal when a drunken model eats your homework.”
- Serena retort to Blair’s jump-off-the-gallery-roof comment: “Oh B, don’t do that. You don’t want your obit to say you died in Brooklyn.”
- The secondary embarrassment factor going THROUGH THE ROOF times a million when Nate walks in on J’s bra dance party. This is what teen dramas are for: the awkward.
- Um, the last scene?? Holy shiz, as much as it’s weird to watch 15-year-old Taylor Momsen make out with 23-year-old Chace Crawford, I was so jazzed to see Nate and Jenny having a kissy good time! Remember last year when they totally connected on the night of B’s birthday and talked all night? Remember when he kissed her, but thought she was Serena? Remember when she walked in on him and he was all in his towel? They are a way better couple than Nate and Vanessa.
Poor, poor Vanessa. The writers are giving her NOTHING to work with. She is just crusty and misinformed all the time. And giving Dan shit for “inviting” Blair to her opening? She says, “my opening.” Not your opening. It’s Aaron’s, maybe Rufus’s. Boooooooo. She could be such a good character and she’s just being wasted. I think it’s time for Dan and Vanessa to get together and be awesome for a while. Eat perogies at Veselka. See 400 Blows at the Sunshine. Do those things that we can’t see Chuck and Blair do.
And B’s one tear? Leighton Meester is a goddamn genius. Blair is a hard character to play exactly right and she hits every moment.
What will happen with Chuck and Blair now?? Endless game playing? Maybe a bit of a break from the incessant back and forth and some other plot lines for these kids? Sigh. Will Blair ever get to be happy? Has she been happy for one full episode?
And will Little J actually start her own clothing line? I would totally buy her clothes. You know, if she wasn’t a fictional character.
Zong. I love this show and maybe have lost my mind a bit? GG ftw.