good morning, kids. i am (voluntarily) listening to hannah montana & miley cyrus songs. oh yes indeedy do. the books i work on truly and sometimes long-termly (oh it’s a word) influence my outside-o-work life: listening to heart and sabbath and miley, playing scrabulous, wanting to learn tae kwon do, and to dress up as a chicken and wrestle while people throw tortillas at me and a punk band plays. oh ecw, you are such a wacky wonderful place to work.
today is the first day of a WHOLE WEEK OFF from that worky. the plan: go to the eastern townships tomorrow to have a hangout with the extend-a-mix family. i plan on jumping in a lake as often as possible. i’ll have to grab a good book for le reading. but what? no gossip girl novels on hand…
i just finished Pulpy and Midge (par Jessica Westhead) and it was a delight to the max. It’s a story about a man (Pulpy) who works in a dullsville office, and his wife (Midge), and the new boss and the boss’s wife, and the
secretary receptionist. Simple story in an unglamorous setting but i was sooooo tense (in a page-turning, suspense novel way) reading it.
i am having minor brain fail trying to remember all the things i’ve been meaning to blog about over the past few weeks:
- go see Get Smart, it’s f’n funny;
- the 8th Georgia Nicholson book, Love Is a Many Trousered Thing, is just as double cool with bells as the first one;
- So You Think You Can Dance is once again and always the best competition show on the telly (tho I don’t have clear favourites like I did last season with Sabra and Danny);
- I think Maddie is a perfectly good name, despite Madeline being (according to erino) a vair, vair popular name these days;
- my friends’ babies and kids are really and truly impossibly cute and charming, nary a weird-looking annoying one amongst them;
- allergies suck the bag;
- that expression is weird;
- Oil of Oregano has saved me from countless colds;
- Vitamin Water is the glory-glory-glorious best beverage ever: sometimes drinking water is boring, most times juice is too sweet, V. Water is the perfect middle ground plus vitamins that I prolly don’t need but who cares! i need a case of this stuff;
- Mindy Kaling (Kelly from The Office) has a blog where she talks about stuff she likes to buy, which Work E. told me about . . . nine hundred million J.Crew.com purchases later, I can’t visit her blog cuz I am too easily swayed to spend money I don’t have; on the plus side I now own the best girly shoes I’ve ever owned. Witness (mine are different [red with more polkas and a yellow strap] and 500% awesomer):
oh man i am sure there are other things i should tell you but it’s time to trip over to the st. lawrence market for bagels (for train trip sandwiches for me and my bro) and other good things. i feel like cooking a fresh and delicious dinner tonight; i’ve been lax in that dept lately. wish me good luck and gods speed…