- i saw many pals and talked to my far-from-home pals, all of whom continue to be super excellent choices for pals;
- i received many stellar presents and a collection of attractive greeting cards;
- i met Mr. Ryan North of Dinosaur Comics fame and lost the power of speech but found the power of swoon;
- my hair got chopped in a pleasing fashion (the bangs are back; no more hairbands for me);
- for three days in a row, i did zero work;
- my nails are neon pink & the colour has turned out to be quite the conversation starter;
- several meals were (i presume) lovingly prepared for me & they were all tasty and no doubles;
- i converted R. to Weeds plus bought S.2 for me;
- at tcaf, i discovered a softer world and now have two webcomics to read religiously and if i discover a brill comic every time i go to one of these festivals i will soon be out of time but full of joy;
- i signed up for a ballet class in september w/ (work, not dr.) Sarah;
- erin nicole & i shopped in a store intended for pre-teens (again!);
- my sister got me with the best prank-by-post yet, one 6 months in the making (well mostly in the waiting but that is the hardest part);
- two new things are on my bedroom walls: mr. rory calhoun and three birds;
- i did not see any of my immediate family members on my birthday (this is not a good thing, but is filed in the ‘interesting’ category) and the last time that happened was on my 16th birthday — i was at camp being a counselor (tho my campers were only 9 mths, tops, younger than me) and we were on a canoe trip and i entirely forgot it was my birthday until late at night when someone sang some song with birthday in it (no, not ‘happy birthday’) and then i was all, no way! and amie was all, oops! — oh no wait, the birthday i spent in london with claire qualifies too, i must be getting dotty in my old age; and
- cupcakes, long islands, irish car bombs, and the impeachment of bush.
what more could a girl ask for?
to know how to make the not-equal sign on a mac, that is what she could ask for. geeeez. so many times i find myself wanting to type, x ≠ y, where x = noun and y = adjective (for example). well, once again googling provides me with answers: it’s “option =” for ≠! get ready for a lot of things to ≠ here at the tribune!