2. Brit-Brit posted a letter of truth on her website this week: When I was little I remember every night watching movies with my family and feeling so at peace. Dancing and singing all the time just like a little girl should. … I am having to face a lot of things right now since I have children of my own. A lot of insecurities from when I was little are coming up again. It is like we are never good enough. … I know everyone thinks that I am playing the victim, but I am not and I hate what is going on right now so much. Maybe this is the reason for this letter … to maybe allow people to look at me differently. It is like when you are a real woman and say what you feel and how you think things are supposed to be, that people just say you are a “bitch.”
3. Evolution for Everyone. I read this book this week and it was wicked interesting and made my brain do lotsa thinking. I also realize that I absolutely suck at describing what the book is about. But basically it’s about evolutionary theory and how it can be applied to more than just genetics. And it leads to some really interesting discussions of culture and behaviour, along with the more traditional biology type stuff. I’m on a mini evolution kick and up next is Why We Get Sick, which is about Darwinian medicine.
4. The TPL lent me Notorious — which I don’t think I’d seen before. Things do not go well for our leading lady. And I don’t know why it’s called Notorious. TPL lent Adam Underworld: Evolution and A History of Violence. I did not enjoy either movie. No thank you.
5. Baby shower on Sunday. First baby of the extended cousin gang. Very exciting.
6. I dreamt I won $25,000. And the next night I dreamt I was rearranging office furniture and lost Jen’s desk.