i have become increasingly terrible at blogging, but there are things I want to tell y’all! so here’s a cheat: a list!
- I have been on a John Green reading bender — Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars, Looking for Alaska. I think maybe reading them in order of publication would’ve been better — because his latest is the bestest and going backward seems unfair to earlier books which are wonderful in their own right! — but I’m gonna keep on marathoning. Next up: An Abundance of Katherines.
These are books that I know I will re-read, hopefully often! The depth of feeling and philosophy and straight-up enjoyable, compelling characters — I don’t know, I just rarely think so much about what it means to be a human being, I guess? These books are like a gateway to thinking about life. That sound sort of overwrought, but I truly mean it.
- I’ve been running the Toronto chapter of Dance Dance Party Party for something ridiculous, like, 5 years now? But lately it’s been just even more awesome — and if you’re a Toronto lady, I encourage you to come out and dance with us. It’s just simply good times. And if you live elsewhere, there may be a chapter in your city already — or you can start one yourself. I am not a do-er/organizer type by nature but was able to do this, no problemo!
- Though I’ve been remiss in blogging about it, there has been some highly entertaining stuff going down on Gossip Girl — the Dan/Blair relationship continues to delight and entertain me, and now that that whole rip-off of The End of the Affair is history (that was the worst, imho), I feel like we’re back in business. The high-school party from the last episode was a stroke of genius — and seeing Chuck Bass’s signature scarf again? Oh man. My heart was warmed.
- I just bought this dress. So if you are having a fancy butterfly-themed party, please invite me as I have just the thing to wear (and nowhere else to wear it…)
- I probably bought that dress due to my recent Downton Abbey marathoning. I could wear this dress to a regular weekday dinner at Downton! (Remember when the Dowager Countess was like, What’s a weekend?) Watched the Christmas special last night, and just was aflutter with love. Those snowflakes in the final scene — magic!
- my brother came back from Korea after being gone for two years! (he also likes Downton Abby. actually mostly everyone in the English-speaking world does?)
- I should probs get back to work — book writing, laundry doing, et cetera and so on. happy family day / presidents’ day / monday to you.